Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
42 9 6 13

How to get historic data for ticker symbol SUNE

SUNE stands for SUN EDISON which was an excellent company from 2005 (or perhaps earlier) judged by its Balance Sheet and P&L data up until and including H1 of 2009, after that excellence tapered off considerably. In order to effectively do backtesting this ticker symbol should be included in my research. SUNE has been delisted since 2017-05-28. Question: Which RIC do I use to retrieve historic data for SUNE? If there is one how could I have found it myself?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @vanderkroon,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @vanderkroon,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

If I understand correctly the name of the company you're interested in is SunEdison Inc (without space between "sun" and "edison"). Just type in SUNE or SunEdison in command/search bar in Eikon application and you'll find SunEdison Inc and SUNEQ.PK RIC in the autosuggest drop-down.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.