question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 3 4

Query Historical Data for MRN and Analysis Data

I am currently using EZD Server with RFA API to subscribe real-time news and news analytical data. The code works fine and I can get realtime news.

However, I have the following questions:

1) Currently the real-time news and analysis (e.g. MRN_STORY, MRN_TRNA, MRN_TRSI) seems push me news and analytical data at random companies. Is there any way I can specify parameters to only subscribe part of companies or RICs that I am interested in?

2) Is there any way of configuration that I can query historical data (MRN_STORY, MRN_TRNA, MRN_TRSI) for given conditions? e.g. Query last 1 year news for a given RIC

3) In news response I can see subject code e.g. N2:ASIA, B:1447. Is there any API/Document that I can see the actual meaning of this symbols?

refinitiv-realtimetreprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@alex.zhou
Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

Hello again!

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @alex.zhou,

Please see my answer below:

1). MRN provides MRN_STORY, MRN_TRNA, MRN_TRNA_DOC, MRN_TRSI RICs which does not specify companies. There is no RICs representing specified company for the real-time news and analysis. Hence, the application needs to filter the companies by itself.

2) RFA can get only real-time data; it does not provide the function to get historical data. Please contact Thomson Reuters Account team/Representative who can suggest the proper product for you.

3) Please refer to MRN Data Models and Elektron Implementation Guide which explains structure of MRN data and should include symbols as well.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.