I am currently using EZD Server with RFA API to subscribe real-time news and news analytical data. The code works fine and I can get realtime news.
However, I have the following questions:
1) Currently the real-time news and analysis (e.g. MRN_STORY, MRN_TRNA, MRN_TRSI) seems push me news and analytical data at random companies. Is there any way I can specify parameters to only subscribe part of companies or RICs that I am interested in?
2) Is there any way of configuration that I can query historical data (MRN_STORY, MRN_TRNA, MRN_TRSI) for given conditions? e.g. Query last 1 year news for a given RIC
3) In news response I can see subject code e.g. N2:ASIA, B:1447. Is there any API/Document that I can see the actual meaning of this symbols?
Please see my answer below:
1). MRN provides MRN_STORY, MRN_TRNA, MRN_TRNA_DOC, MRN_TRSI RICs which does not specify companies. There is no RICs representing specified company for the real-time news and analysis. Hence, the application needs to filter the companies by itself.
2) RFA can get only real-time data; it does not provide the function to get historical data. Please contact Thomson Reuters Account team/Representative who can suggest the proper product for you.
3) Please refer to MRN Data Models and Elektron Implementation Guide which explains structure of MRN data and should include symbols as well.