question

Upvotes
Accepted
1.5k 5 6 7

Dictionary Id 0 (zero) vs 1 (one)

I load local file field dictionary, latest and greatest. Dictionary file looks like this in the header:

! Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017
!
!tag Filename  RWF.DAT
!tag Desc      RDF-D RWF field set
!tag Type      1
!tag Version   4.20.30
!tag Build     006
!tag Date      19-Oct-2017
!tag DictionaryId 1
!

(note the 'DictionaryId' tag)

With this I would expect FieldDictionary#getDictId() to return 1 after a successful load. But it doesn't!!

Here's a minimal example:

public class DictIdCheck {
  public static void main(String[] args) {
    FieldDictionary fDict = FieldDictionary.create();
    System.out.println("Dictionary Id, before load (getDictId()) : " +  fDict.getDictId());
    FieldDictionary.readRDMFieldDictionary(fDict, args[0]);
    FieldDictionary.readEnumTypeDef(fDict, args[1]);
    System.out.println("Dictionary Id, after load (getDictId()) : " +  fDict.getDictId()); 
    System.out.println("Dictionary Id (property 'DictionaryId') : " + fDict.getFieldProperty("DictionaryId"));
  }
}

which returns:

Dictionary Id, before load (getDictId()) : 0
Dictionary Id, after load (getDictId()) : 0
Dictionary Id (property 'DictionaryId') : 1

I'm using RFA Java 8.1.0.L1 (latest and greatest)

Is this behavior intentional or is it a bug ?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetreprfajava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Pimchaya.Wongrukun

Have you received update from development team?

The development team can reproduce the problem and they are working on it. If there is more update on this case, I will inform the client via email cas 06159302.

Hi @Pimchaya.Wongrukun

Can you post the solution here please, for the benefit of other customers ?

Show more comments

Wait for the development team's response

<AHS>

There is no update on Jira RFA-435 yet. Extend triage.

<AHS>

Jira RFA-435 is in "Pending QA" status. Extend triage.

Hello @Lars-at-Addicticks

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Show more comments
Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

The RFA Java 8.1.2.L1 package includes a fix of this issue.

You can download the package from Downloads of Robust Foundation API (RFA) · Java .

fixedversion.png (20.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Based on my test, it seems that FieldDictionary.getDictId() in RFA Java returns the value from a tag named "Id" not "DictionaryId" . My dictionary file added !tag Id 2:

!tag Filename  RWF.DAT
!tag Desc      RDF-D RWF field set
!tag Type      1
!tag Version   4.20.28
!tag Build     001
!tag Date      02-Feb-2017
!tag DictionaryId 1
!tag Id 2

The output from running your given source code and the input is my dictionary file:

Dictionary Id, before load (getDictId()) : 0
Dictionary Id, after load (getDictId()) : 2
Dictionary Id (property 'DictionaryId') : 1

It is possible that this is RFA Java bug because RFA C++ returns DictionaryId's value using a similar method.

This problem is needed to be investigated in depth to confirm if this is RFA Java bug or not from the development team. Hence, I have created a new case on behalf of you. It is case 06159302. Once I get any response from the development team, I will let you know via the email case 06159302.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.