Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Port 9000 was retrieved from .portInUse file

Hello,

I am very eager to get started with the API, but I am already running into issues.

My example:

import eikon as ek
ek.set_app_id('xxx') # replaced ID
ek.get_symbology(["MSFT.O", "GOOG.O", "IBM.N"], from_symbol_type="RIC", to_symbol_type="ISIN")

Should output:

ISIN
GOOG.O  US02079K1079
IBM.N   US4592001014
MSFT.O  US5949181045

However, my output is:

Port 9000 was retrieved from .portInUse file
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @bjl,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @bjl,

Have you tried placing the get_symbology() line on its own to see if you see any output? For example, within notebook, it looks like this:

If there is some kind of issue, I would expect to see some form of output.

ahs.png (12.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Hello @nick.zincone.1

Your instinct was spot on.

I have to admit that I have not seen that behaviour before. Executing the code line-by-line does indeed yield the correct output.

Thank you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
41 0 0 1

Hi @bjl, have you defined the data frame variable ? please have a look into the quick start examples. I'm using Anaconda and I'm getting the same result with no result in the variable explorer

Adding a variable name and the "=" plus print of the variable will lead to

KR Norbert

bjl1.jpg (43.3 KiB)
bjl2.jpg (49.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.