Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
166 13 18 21

Eikon Data API - retrieve basis of SM-ARGUPR-P1

A client is looking to retrieve the basis of the RIC "SM-ARGUPR-P1"

The Excel formula works:

=RHistory("SM-ARGUPR-P1","BASIS.Timestamp;BASIS.Value","INTERVAL:1D",,"TSREPEAT:YES CH:Fd",B2)

But the Python code only returns NA's:

Secs=['SM-ARGUPR-P1']
Fields=['BASIS.Value']
StartDate='01-01-2010'
data=ek.get_timeseries(Secs,fields=Fields,start_date=StartDate,interval='daily')

Any suggestions please?

PS: I noticed we have field "GEN_VAL4" for BPV (basis point value). The latest value is 8 so maybe this field is related? Unfortunately I haven't been able to retrieve it's history.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apitime-series
thys.jpg (98.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@Joris.Hoendervangers, get_timeseries() only supports the default view (or the data that you see in excel when you do not set the view, such as .Value, instead of BASIS.Value), so there is no way to get this data using the python API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Got it. Could we please raise it as an enhancement request?

Isn't there a workaround with the 'get_data()' function? (I've tried setting a start date & end date)

I checked all the fields showing for this RIC under Time Series Data category in Formula Builder in Eikon Excel, and none of them is populated. So, the short answer is at the moment get_data does not provide a workaround for retrieving timeseries for this RIC.

Got it. Thank you very much for checking Alex. Can this please be submitted to development as an enhancement request?

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.