For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 4

[NiProvider] Login rejected. Non-consumer attempting login (JAVA)

I'm trying to connect and publish data to TREP, but getting this error.

RDMLogin stream was closed with status message

State: Closed / Suspect / None / 'Login rejected. Non-consumer attempting login.'

For this requirement I'm using Elektron SDK Java API NiProvider, as shown in this example com\thomsonreuters\ema\examples\training\niprovider\series100\example100__MarketPrice__Streaming\NiProvider.java

Is there anything wrong with the DACS account setting?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkjavanon-interactive-providerpublish
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Have you tried testing connectivity as suggested by Pimchaya?

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @hanhuitan

"Error text Error - exceeded initialization timeout (5 s)

Severity: Error Text: login failed (timed out after waiting 45000 milliseconds) for IP:14003)"

According to the message above, it is possible that the ADH machine goes down or it is a wrong ADH's IP and port which your application uses, please check with ADH's administrator if your infrastructure is owned by your company or Thomson Reuters Account team if your infrastructure is owned by Thomson Reuters who can help you to verify this.

If ADH is up but your application cannot connect to ADH, please follows the step:

1) Please check with ADH's administrator/Thomson Reuters Account team that ADH has been configured to support the service that your NI provider publishes on. For example, example100__MarketPrice__Streaming\NiProvider.java use the service named NI_PUB so ADH configuration must contain NI_PUB service. Please refer to TREP Configuration for NI Providers which provides configuration steps apply to existing TREP installations to configure a service for NI Provider applications.

2) if 1) has been done already, the problem still occurs, use the telnet command tool to verify that your NI provider machine can connect to the ADH machine (telnet <ADH host> <port>).

- If the telnet fails that means there is network/connectivity problem, please contact your network admin.

- If the telnet succeeds but NI Provider still can’t connect to ADH, contact your network admin to verify if there is any firewall blocking the messages sent/received between NI Provider machine and ADH machine.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @hanhuitan

If you or your infrastructure/ADH admin team require further help regarding ADH, please submit the query to ADH support team via my Account, https://my.thomsonreuters.com/ .After you log in, click "RAISE A CASE" then "Product Support". Then, select your subject e.g. “I need help with an installation or upgrade”. At “Select product”, select ADH i.e. “ADH-Advanced Data Hub”. If you cannot access the web site or submit the query, please send an email to rdc.administrator@thomsonreuters.com

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9
@hanhuitan

What port you are using? If you are using 14002 which is default port for RSSL consumer,please change it to new port for Non Interactive Provider. Default could be 14003 but I suggest you confirm with your infra admin team.

icon clock
10 |1500

@moragodkrit

Thanks for your reply, I changed to default port 14003. Now its trying to initialize channel but getting timeout error.

Error text Error - exceeded initialization timeout (5 s)

Severity: Error Text: login failed (timed out after waiting 45000 milliseconds) for IP:14003)

Upvotes
665 3 5 6

Hello @hanhuitan

It looks as if you were trying to connect your provider to and ADS server; As a provider it needs to connect to an ADH that has been configured for the service you want to publish on, see "TREP Configuration for NI Providers". As Moragodkrit mentioned if you have an infra admin team I suggest you contact them to set this up.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.