Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 3

[Handler_BackEndFailure] Metadata request failed (no such RIC)

I do get since yesterday the information within the Data Item Browser, as well as any Data accessed through the API, that Metadata could not be traced to an RIC. Doing the same in the Online Eikon Framework works without a problem. Speceifc the Error is: [Handler_BackEndFailure] Metadata request for US001765AC09=BGCP failed (no such RIC)

Restarting Eikon as well as the Computer didn't solve the Isssue, a screenshot from the Data Explorer below, which shows the Error.

Tracing the same via the Online Eikon Access gives the following information/graph about the yield which truly shows that data is aviailibe.

Any Ideas why the Data is not handed trough the API/Exel Plugin or even the Data Explorer?

Tried with Both, standard Windows Eikon Application as well as on Mac with the Eikon API Proxy Beta 1.0.73 -MacOS ~ Both having the same issue.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @groodt

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@groodt
Thanks for providing the list of ISINs. I checked a sample of ISINs in the file you sent. All the ISINs I checked refer to inactive issues: matured or called bonds, or bonds in default.
Taking the title example of US001765AC09 that you gave, you can see in the screenshot of the bond view you provided that this bond is in default. In the same screenshot you can see that the chart is drawn from the RIC 001765AC0=RRPS, which provides Thomson Reuters evaluated price rather than from the RIC US001765AC09=BGCP, which provides contributor pricing from BGC Partners. If you use RIC 001765AC0=RRPS, you can get yield history up to 28-May-2014 as in the chart. Here's the worksheet function you can use in Excel: =TR("001765AC0=RRPS","TR.YIELDTOMATURITY","Frq=D SDate=2014-05-28 EDate=2014-04-28 RH:Date").
I hope this somewhat explains the issue you experienced. The question remains why when you use ISIN in your call, the system translates it to the RIC US001765AC09=BGCP instead of 001765AC0=RRPS. In other words you can ask why =TR("001765AC0=RRPS","TR.YIELDTOMATURITY","Frq=D SDate=2014-05-28 EDate=2014-04-28 RH:Date") returns yield history while =TR("US001765AC09","TR.YIELDTOMATURITY","Frq=D SDate=2014-05-28 EDate=2014-04-28 RH:Date") returns error "[Handler_BackEndFailure] Metadata request for US001765AC09=BGCP failed (no such RIC)". Since the issue is easily reproduced using Eikon GUI and Excel, I suggest you raise it to Thomson Reuters support by either calling Thomson Reuters Helpdesk number in your country or by using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @groodt,

I was able to see the same result as you. I will bring it to the attention of the Eikon Data APIs team for further investigation.

thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 1 3

Thanks!

Attached a list of ISINs, where the error has occurred. ~ 3500

Maybe this is helpful for further investigation.

isin-witherror.txt

I have not double checked for all of these ISINs if data is available, but Tracing cusip was possible without a problem, therefore I assume so.

isin-witherror.txt (43.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.