Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

POP server & error 400

I've been using the python API and would like to find out whether Eikon has a POP server in South Africa, or have I been requesting data from the US every time? I'm considering setting up a virtual machine in the US to potentially improve data pulling time & unexpected error400 issues (your comments on this would also be much appreciated). Please use richardt@rezco.co.za in all corespondence

Thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-400
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@rob84
I don't believe setting up a virtual machine in the US will help. First I don't think the timeout manifesting in HTTP 400 error has anything to do with how far you are from the POP. Second the POP you're routed to is not determined by the IP address of your machine. Eikon users site affinity. A user is permanently associated with a specific Thomson Reuters data centre. Since you're based in South Africa, your Eikon account is associated with EMEA data center in London. If you install Eikon on a machine in the US and log in with your Eikon account you'll be routed to the EMEA data center and not to the one in the US.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.