For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvote
Accepted
31 1 0 4

Are API's for DataScope Select the same as DataScope Onsite?

Hi,

I have hard copy documentation for DataScope Onsite with Security Master fields I would like to get via REST API. For example - master_deal_id, prosp_issue, orig_bal and others that I don't have a DataScope Key for example - Deal Name, Vintage, Asset Class etc.

Is this the same as DataScope Select API?

If so, is there a document you can refer for my development team.

Thank you!

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssdocumentation
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
61 1 0 0

Try this link instead - https://customers.thomsonreuters.com/a/support/paz/pazDocs.aspx?dId=515597 You probably have to register/sign in.

Yes - DSS does supports reference data for Securitized products (ABS/CMO/CMBS/RMBS/CDO/CLO...) You may have to look at the Terms and Conditions template and the Bond Schedules templates.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
251 1 2 2

No it is not.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
31 1 0 4

Thank you, good to know. My next question:

Where can I find REST API documentation for DataScope Onsite?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
61 1 0 0

There is no REST API for Datascope Onsite. DSOS is a deployed server, and most clients use SQL to query the content from the server. If you work for an organization that has a deployed server, you should be able to connect to it. If you do not have access to a DSOS server, we'd have to install circuits to your location, and then install the server. DSOS is NOT a web-based product. Why do you think you need access to Datascope Onsite - or reworded - What does DSS not do that you think will be resolved on Datascope Onsite?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
61 1 0 0

Just reread the original comment - One option is for you to provide a complete list of the items you need that you do not see in DSS, so we can get them added to DSS. These are only done on a request database. What you could do it to go to my.thomsonreuters.com and "Raise a Case" from link on upper right. Please list all of the columns you need on this, and we will work to get these added to DSS.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
31 1 0 4

Awesome! That makes sense.

Do you have a link to some documentation that can guide me to all the fields that are available via DSS? I can run the comparison and then take the next steps as appropriate.

Thanks a lot.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
61 1 0 0
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
31 1 0 4

It doesn't look like I have access to this site. I keep getting timed out.

On a side note: I am looking for top line security master data primarily in the structured credit asset class - ABS, RMBS, CMBS, CLO's etc. Maybe these asset classes are not available in DSS?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
31 1 0 4

Very helpful. I really appreciate your responses! Thanks again.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Does anybody use DataScope Onsite remotely ( via VPN ) - any other way ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.