Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
4 2 4 4

No Application ID Generator in App Library

Following these instructions...

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-data-apis/quick-start?content=30851&type=quick_start

There is no Application ID Generator in App Library.

Why?

And where do i get it?

Thanks!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapp-key
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
16.9k 80 39 63

Hi @andy29,

I just walked through the Quick Start and the "Application ID Generator" app is present. Can you confirm that after launching the "App Library" that you are typing in the search box "application id generator"? If so, can you provide your version of Eikon?

thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

I don't see any reason why your shouldn't see Application ID Generator app in App Library. Try using the app URL. Copy & paste the following string into command/search bar in Eikon toolbar and hit Enter. Let me know what happens.
cpurl://apps.cp./Apps/ApplicationIDGenerator

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4 2 4 4

Weird. Now it does appear. Not sure what I did wrong but consider this closed.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.