Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 2

Eikon python api Response 404

As i knew, eikon python api is getting data via http://localhost:9000/api/v1/data.

When i use the api or send a post to that link, I will receive HTTPError: <Response [404]>.

The funny part is that some time I can use the api properly but not any more now.

How it can be fix?

Also, for the api performance, it seem like slower than eikon-excel. Is it have some way to getting faster when let say I need to get huge amount of data?

More information:

SxS file in C:\ProgramData\Thomson Reuters\Eikon Data\Logs\TRD\Eikon:

[2018-04-13 23:52:42.845|prod]  (sxs-proxy) SxS Proxy init OK
[2018-04-13 23:52:42.846|prod]  (app) Start server...
[2018-04-13 23:52:42.852|dev]  (app) onStarted: 9000
[2018-04-13 23:52:42.853|prod]  (app) API Proxy is listening to port: 900
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@JINCAO
I checked your Eikon account. You're not subscribing to any services from Thomson Reuters. You subscribe to a product named Metastock Xenith from the company named Metastock, which includes a variant of Eikon, but that variant of Eikon does not include access to Eikon Data APIs. For more details see my answer to a similar question raised on this forum earlier:
https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/answers/26084/view.html
I would add to my response that if you're looking to retrieve large volumes of data I suggest that perhaps instead of a market data terminal product like Eikon you consider one of Thomson Reuters Enterprise products designed and engineered for bulk data retrieval.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.