Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
20 8 5 10

App ID generation error

When I try to generate an app ID in the "APPLICATION ID GENERATOR", as suggested here:

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-data-apis/quick-start

I always get the error: "Http or parse error".

This happens both in the TR Eikon app and using the web access.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapp-key
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
20 8 5 10

@Alex Putkov.

This is to inform that the recent update of the App ID Generator application has solved the problem.

Thanks for helping

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@tommy
I suggest you raise this issue to Thomson Reuters Support who can help you troubleshoot the problem. Thomson Reuters Support can be reached by either calling the Helpdesk number in your country or by using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application, or following the link below.
http://my.thomsonreuters.com/ContactUsNew

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
20 8 5 10

@Alex Putkov.

I called the Helpdesk and, after some time spent to investigate the problem, they told me the issue should be addressed to the developers' forum.

Very strange for a professional product to use a community service.

icon clock
10 |1500

You're right. This was not an adequate response. The community service is useful when you have "how to" questions, which may have been previously asked and answered and which you can search for, or for questions that can be answered directly by community members or moderators monitoring the forums. Issues that are either user or machine, or otherwise case specific cannot be resolved through community forums, as these cases require access to users or machines where the issue is reproduced. The Helpdesk should have retained the ownership of the support case they opened for you.

I'm afraid I cannot follow up with the Helpdesk on the case you raised because you're registered on this forum with a personal email address that doesn't allow to identify you. If this is still relevant and you'd like me to follow up with the Helpdesk, could you include the support case number the Helpdesk gave you?

Hi @tommy

If this issue is still relevant and you'd like us to follow up with the Helpdesk, could you include the support case number the Helpdesk gave you?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.