question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 4

Effects of random actions in sink_driven_src tool

In the interactive mode of the sink_driven_src playback tool, there is an 'r' menu which allows me to select some 'random actions'. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any documentation about the random_actions, enable_random_renames, and enable_random_groups commands.

Based on their names, I thought that perhaps enable_random_groups would tell the tool to insert random group state changes or group id changes as described in the RDM Usage Guide, Section 4.3.1.3, "Source Directory Group Filter Entry". This would be very useful for testing, as these events are unlikely to occur frequently or predictably in a normal stream.

However, I've tried enabling all of these commands and re-capturing the resulting output with rmdstestclient; but I am unable to see any evidence of said 'random actions' -- no RSSL_DMT_SOURCE messages, for instance.

What should I be expecting to see? What exactly are these commands capable of? Are they documented anywhere?

I am running 'sink_driven_src version: trep3.2.1.L1.B1 (ssl 6dfee57)'.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepinfrastructuresink-driven-source
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sink_driven_src is a tool of ADH(one compoenent of TREP infrastrcture) so I have moved it to TREP infrastrcture forum

Hello @Martin J,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@Martin J

The document regarding TREP demo tools is available in the TREP installation package (TREP_30_Demo_tools.pdf). However, it doesn't have much information regarding random actions.

I have tested this feature but it doesn't work. It is better to contact TREP support team to verify it. sink_driven_src is a tool in the ADH package so please directly contact ADH support team via Contact Us to verify the problem.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.