Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 1

What is the maximum port range that Eikon API will attempt to connect?

Dear team,

I understand that Eikon Data/Proxy API will attempt to run on port 9000 by default.

But if 9000 has been occupied by other app, it will attempt to connect on the next available port, e.g. 9001, 9002,.. and so on.

Question: What is the highest port number that Eikon Proxy API will attempt to run?

i.e. will it eventually run up to the highest windows port (65535) if all have been occupied?

Or will it stop the attempt prior to that at a specific port ?

Thank you.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiside-by-side-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.2k 246 52 72

From my finding, with version 1.1.0.18, it will attempt to connect on the next available port until it reaches the highest windows port (65535) or encounters the unexpected errors.

If the error is an access error or already in use, it will try the next port. Otherwise, it will stop.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.