Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 1

python datetime.date on field TR.BSSourceDate or TR.BSOriginalAnnouncementDate (fundamentals data)

Hi All,

Could i request for a confirmation, if i could apply datetime.date on datapoint TR.BSOriginalAnnouncementDate so that i can filter data for particular date range

fields = [ek.TR_Field('TR.BSSourceDate'),ek.TR_Field('TR.BSOriginalAnnouncementDate'),ek.TR_Field('tr.revenue'),ek.TR_Field('tr.open',None,'asc',1),ek.TR_Field('TR.GrossProfit',{'Scale': 6, 'Curn': 'CAD'},'asc',0)] data_grid, err = ek.get_data(["IBM","MSFT.O"],fields) print(data_grid)

I could see similar function is available on timeseries data

req = ek.get_timeseries(["MSFT.O"], start_date = "2017-03-01", >>> end_date = "2017-03-10", interval="daily")

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@praveen.rao
I cannot say I feel confident that I understand your objective. However what I think you might be looking for is to retrieve timeseries of standardized balance sheet or income statement line items for a range of dates. If this is indeed what you're looking for, you can filter the dates range based on either the reporting period end date or on the preliminary report filing date. Here's an example of retrieving quarterly revenue and gross profit between two dates based on preliminary filing date:

ek.get_data(['MSFT.O','IBM.N'],['TR.Revenue.calcdate','TR.Revenue.periodenddate','TR.Revenue','TR.GrossProfit'],{'SDate':'2018-05-01','EDate':'2017-07-01','Period':'FQ0','Frq':'FQ','AlignType':'PrelimDate'})
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

objective was to extract data on specified date range..

could i please know the source for the below details as i could not see in any documentation

{'SDate':'2015-05-01','EDate':'2018-07-01','Period':'FQ0','Frq':'FQ','AlignType':'PrelimDate'})

Great if you could send the details

See this tutorial, which talks at length about metadata discovery. You may also find this previous thread on this forum useful.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.