question

Upvotes
Accepted
4 2 4 4

.Net API: How to get last price on 3000 stocks

I have RICs on around 3000 securities. I want to get last trade price on each. Should I just set up a complex query like WithRics("BRL=", "RUB=") in the RealTime example? Can the API handle the load?

eikoneikon-data-apieikon-com-apirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@andy29

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

You will not be able to subscribe to real-time updates for this many RICs because your Eikon account is limited to 2,5K simultaneous subscriptions. However you can get a snapshot of the last price for this many RICs. You can submit the entire list of 3K RICs in one request or break it in batches of say 500. Both should work just fine as long as you don't abuse it by sending frequent snapshot requests repeatedly.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.