Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
20 6 6 8

​What field should I use to obtain start/end dates of an instrument?

Need <TR.???> field name. Thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apifields
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Hilarius

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@Hilarius

Hi,

As your query is related to Eikon Data APIs, Eikon COM was not the right forum. I moved it to this Eikon Data APIs group.

Kind regards,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

On Eikon Excel, you can use TR.FirstTradeDate which represents that first trading date on which Thomson Reuters started storing pricing data. As for the end date, we do not have a field available that states when the RIC was delisted from the exchange.

Here is a sample formula using cell reference wherein ISIN is at cell A1

=TR($A$1,"TR.FirstTradeDate","CODE=ISIN",)

Please note that if you are using ISIN as reference for TR.FirstTradeDate, this would pull up the first trade date of the primary issue RIC. This would be an issue especially if the instrument is trading on a specific exchange. Take for example ISIN LU0501835309 which is mapped to L'Occitane International SA. This ISIN has at least 9 different RICs mapped which the primary issue RIC listed on Hong Kong Stock Exchange.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This is from 06583126.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

I'm afraid I'm not quite sure what you're looking for. Would you mind providing a definition of a "start/end dates of an instrument" and also what type of instrument your question applies to? Alternatively the best resource for any content search and explanation questions is Thomson Reuters Helpdesk, which you can reach by either calling the Helpdesk number in your country or by using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.

icon clock
10 |1500

My input is ISIN and I'd like to get the start/end date of the ISIN.

For example, when using python api like this, get_data( 'USxxxxxxxx', 'TR.yyyy' ).

Please let me know the 2nd part, <TR.yyyy>, the field name of the dates.

This can be also applied to excel.

An ISIN does not have start/end dates. What exactly are you looking for? Could you give an example of a desired output?

Upvotes
20 6 6 8

@Alex Putkov

My input is ISIN and I'd like to get the start/end date of the ISIN.

For example, when using python api like this, get_data( 'USxxxxxxxx', 'TR.yyyy' ).

Please let me know the 2nd part, <TR.yyyy>, the field name of the dates.

This can be also applied to excel.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

So, if I understand correctly, what you'd like to know is when an ISIN was created and when it became inactive, right? I'm pretty confident we don't carry this information. We have data about financial instruments, e.g. you can get an issue and maturity date of a bond or an IPO date of a listed stock, or an expiry date of a warrant. But we don't carry the info on when ISIN was assigned to an instrument or when it became inactive.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.