question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 0 4

Documentation inconsistent, Cannot POST /sxs/v1

I am struggling to get past the handshake part of the quickstart:

• JSON in the text does not match JSON in the screenshot. (productid+apikey vs appkey?)
  • The API Key Generator is now the Application ID Generator? Maybe why there is inconsistency in screenshot?
  • With the version in the screenshot, I get a 404 error back

side-by-side-apipostman
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@katherine.jones we need to change a couple of screenshot in documentation

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@kenneth.syme

Yes, you are correct. From the log file, your account doesn't have a permission to use Side by Side Integration API. You can use Eikon Data API (APIPROXY).

If your account has a permission to use Side by Side Integration API, you should see SIDEBYSIDE in the log.

[2018-05-18 09:02:57.611|prod] (app) PO: APIPROXY, SIDEBYSIDE

You can contact your TR account team to verify the account's type of your Eikon login.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Yes this was indeed the issue and is now sorted. Although the documentation images are still inconsistent, and perhaps a more useful error message (an actual 403?) would help!

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

Hi @kenneth.syme

The handshake command should look like this:

{

"command": "handshake",

"apiKey": "YOUR_API_KEY",

"productId": "YOUR_APP_ID"

}

The app you need to use to generate a key is API KEY GENERATOR.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi, I have now found the correct app and generated a key and product id, still getting a 404 and "Cannot POST /sxs/v1/", which sounds quite a different problem from having a malformed request. Should say the ping works as expected.

You're right, it sounds like a different problem. I'm a bit confused by your mention of the ping. Are you running Postman and Eikon on the same machine? If yes, could you check of EikonBox.exe owns local TCP port 9000? Run "netstat -anb" from Command Prompt (you'll need local Admin privileges). If EikonBox.exe owns port 9000 you should see in the output of netstat:
[EikonBox.exe]
TCP 127.0.0.1:9000 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING

Both running on the same machine, ping mention was just to say that it works

Have checked EikonBox is listening on Port 9000.

Still getting the same error on the handshake.

Fully expect it's something strange with my laptop setup, just can't figure out how to figure it out!

Only other distinguishing feature is a header of "X-ID→18624.13" (13 increments each time I send a request).

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.