Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 4

Python API Cannot Post 404 Error

When running the same code I have been using for quite some time to fetch data with the python eikon api, I am now receiving a 404 on all requests. I have verified that Eikon is listening on port 9000

netstat -anb output:

[EikonBox.exe]
TCP 127.0.0.1:9000 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING

however any attempt to post to http://localhost:9000/api/v1/data generates the error in the screenshot.

error.png

Can anyone advise?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
error.png (45.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 4

@Nipat Kunvutipongsak My issue wasn't resolved, however thanks to the suggestion by @pierre.faurel I am able to work around it by using the API Proxy. This is sufficient for me!

Thanks all for your help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

Try updating to the 0.1.12 of eikon.py and let us know if it helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @Zhenya Kovalyov, Thank you for your response.

I am currently updated to the latest version, but still experiencing the same issue.

Upvotes
78.1k 246 52 72

Can you set Trace Level of Thomson Reuters Desktop to Debug via Thomson Reuters - Configuration Manager?

Then, kill and restart all Eikon processes.

After that, please share your SxS log (SxS.<datetime>.<pid>.txt) which is in Eikon Logs path (

C:\ProgramData\Thomson Reuters\Eikon Data\Logs\TRD\Eikon.<datetime>.<pid>).

If it starts properly, you should see:

[2018-02-27 03:30:40.423|prod]  (sxs-proxy) SxS Proxy init OK
[2018-02-27 03:30:40.425|prod]  (app) Start server...
[2018-02-27 03:30:40.443|dev]  (app) onStarted: 9000
[2018-02-27 03:30:40.462|prod]  (app) Write port file.
[2018-02-27 03:30:40.466|prod]  (app) API Proxy is listening to port: 9000

eikonconfig.png (80.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

sxs20180227064555p10380.txt

Thank you for the reply! The file output is attached. I don't see the line "Write port file" or "SxS Proxy init ok".

Thank you very much for your time and help on this! Let me know what else I can do to help you all out.

Upvotes
4.3k 2 4 5

I need to setup an Eikon 4.0.42 with your SxS version (1.1.0.13) because workflow changed with 4.0.43 + SxS 1.1.0.18.
I think that's why you don't have the "Write port file" in your log.

In the meantime, could you try a Python request with debug level set to True and post the trace console ?

ex: eikon.get_timeseries('MSFT.O', debug= True)

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks for your help @pierre.faurel!

Attached is a screenshot (as I can't copy out of the windows shell) of the output from a basic call to the API.

However, I've found the R traceback to be more info, mirroring the result I get when querying port 9000 with postman (first screenshot on the thread). It is basically the same result but shows the full HTML response.

I'll note that before this error started, I usually saw output after setting my app ID ("port 9000 in use" or something similar)

Let me know what else I can do. Should my versions be different?

eikonerrorr.png

eikonerrorpython.png

eikonerrorr.png (108.7 KiB)
Upvotes
78.1k 246 52 72

From the log file, your account may not have a permission to use API proxy.

[2018-02-27 06:45:58.191|show] (app) PO: SIDEBYSIDE

The log shows only SIDEBYSIDE.

TCP Port 9000 is used by both Side By Side and API proxy.

If your account has a permission to use API proxy, the log will have both SIDEBYSIDE and APIPROXY, as shown below.

[2018-01-10 13:44:36.155|show] (app) PO: SIDEBYSIDE,APIPROXY

Please contact your account team or local sales team to verify your account's permission.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai, thank you for your reply!

I do not think this is the case, as I have used the API successfully for several weeks. This issue appeared on Sunday for the first time. In addition, I tried my account credentials on the Mac Eikon API Proxy on a Mac laptop. I was able to log in and query results successfully.

For the sake of due diligence, I will contact my sales rep. What should I ask? That I have permissions to access the API Proxy on the Windows Eikon Data Platform?

Thank you for your help, let me know if I can provide you with more info!

The log file indicates that API Proxy was not loaded by THOMSONREUTERS.EIKON.DESKTOPSXSSVC. It only loaded SIDEBYSIDE.

[2018-02-27 06:45:58.191|show] (app) PO: SIDEBYSIDE

It may relate to permission or settings of your Eikon account. You can ask your sales rep to verify your account why you can't API Proxy with Eikon.

After fixing, you can verify if APIPROXY is properly loaded from SxS log.

[2018-01-10 13:44:36.155|show] (app) PO: SIDEBYSIDE,APIPROXY

Unfortunately, I confirm jirapongse's diagnostic.

As you don't have APIPROXY permission, you can't retrieve data through Eikon (this functionality was activated recently).
A workaround could to use the standalone version (Eikon API Proxy Beta 1.0.85- Windows).
You can request to download it here in older version (expand EIKON DATA APIS PROXY - OLDER VERSIONS list), or reuse it if you already downloaded it.

The disadvantage is that it does not work with Eikon.

Odd, Thank you both @pierre.faurel and @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai!

I'll check on the permissions and hopefully get that resolved. In the meantime, I have requested access for the Windows API Proxy download. Could you grant permission for me to download it?

Thanks for all your help!

Show more comments
Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi @craha,

Where can I get the latest available Windows Eikon Api Proxy before if was taken off the website?

If someone can get me a copy, if would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Dean

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.