question

Upvotes
Accepted
6 1 5 7

Why does SSL not connect, but does not raise any errors?

I am supporting a legacy application (in C#, using SSL COM components) which seems to work on the deployed servers. Unfortunately I cannot get it to run properly on my development machine.

As far as I can recognize it uses SSL to subscribe to Reuters data:

_sslContext = new SSLContext();
_sslContext.HostList = reutersSettings.HostNames;
_sslContext.UserName = reutersSettings.UserName;
_sslContext.PortNumber = reutersSettings.Port;
_sslContext.FidDBKey = reutersSettings.FidDbKey;
ContextPool contextPool = new ContextPool();
Context context = contextPool.GetDefaultContext();
context.ContextConnectionEstablished += OnConnectionEstablished; context.ContextConnectionLost += OnConnectionLost;

_sslContext.Connect();

The Callbacks "OnConnectionEstablished" or "OnConnectionLost" are never actually called and no Exception is thrown.

The object "reutersSettings" holds information from our App.config which I just copied from our server.

Can anyone please give me some advice on what might be going on?

Thanks!
Wolfgang

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepssl
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Can you test this with the CSharpExample example in SSL COM package?

context.png (42.9 KiB)

Have you tested your server with the example provided by Jirapongse? and Can you share the result?

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
6 1 5 7

Thank you, I have found the issue in the meantime. It was unrelated to the Reuters Client - our firewall was the culprit.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.