Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 5 4 5

Miscellaneous prices

Using get_data i get the PriceClose data from some but i need to use other field to get the NAV of a OEF.

Is there any (single) way to get the last price of any kind of instrument?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apipricing
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

If you find a RIC that shows NAV in the close price field, you can use the CF_CLOSE field

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I know but i'm looking for a command to call the last known price of any kind of instrument. I'm handling a portfolio with many types of papers and it would make my life much easier to use only one command to download all the prices.

Hi @pchauveau

As @Zhenya Kovalyov said, the closest you could get is using the Common Field.

CF_ASK
CF_BID
CF_CLOSE
CF_DATE
CF_EXCHNG
CF_HIGH
CF_LAST
CF_LOTSIZE
CF_LOW
CF_NETCHNG
CF_OPEN
CF_SOURCE
CF_TICK
CF_TIME
CF_VOLUME
CF_YIELD

All these fields represent the particular value of bid, ask, close, last price etc., but in the unified version, regardless of the type of the instrument.

CF_LAST should cover the last known price.

ahs.png (7.9 KiB)
Upvotes
78.1k 246 52 72

@pchauveau

You can directly contact the Eikon support via Get Support and ask for an excel formula (TR function) used to retrieve the required information. If it is available, you can use the same parameters with get_data to retrieve the data via Eikon Data API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.