question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 3 2

primary and secondary connections warning

Support for primary and secondary connections, There will be a warning after the program starts.

<ComponentName>Static:<Severity>Warning:Received Source Name<MarketLink> from Connection<Connection_RSSL> is same as the one from Connection<Connection_RSSL1>

Is there any problem with this? Can I ignore it? The configuration is as follows:

\appId= "256"

\enumDictionaryFilename= "./Configuration/enumtype.def"

\fieldDictionaryFilename= "./Configuration/RDMFieldDictionary"

# position to be used for Login # According to the RDM usage guide: If the server is authenticating with DACS, the consumer application might be required to pass in a valid position.

#ip addr/hostname or ip addr/net

# \position= "<IP Address/hostname>"

\runTimeInSeconds= 0

\service= "IDN_SELECTFEED"

\session= "Session1"

\userName= "user"

\itemList= ""

treprfarfa-apiconnection
connection.png (60.4 KiB)
connectionlist.png (134.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @crystal-za.xu

Can you explain your reasons for using a ConnectionList?

ConnectionList is typically used when you want to establish active connections to multiple servers e.g. where each server provides a different set of services / data.

If you want to specify multiple servers (delivering the same data) for a redundancy / failover type scenario (which is strongly recommended behaviour), then you should use serverList parameter instead.

The above warning is stating that both your Connections appear to be providing the same source(s) of data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ok, I understand. I misunderstood before. Thank you very much. The configuration is as follows???

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.