For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 3 4

An authorization issue while calling WorldCheck One API. Response: status 401

Hello,

we try to integrate WorldCheck One API in our System.

Firstly, we download documentation and postmen collection: Thomson-Reuters-World-Check-One-API-documentation.v1.5 and World-Check One API Postman Collection

Secondly, we try to run the test postman collection as shown in https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/customer-and-third-party-screening/world-check-one-api/quick-start. Before this, we enter API Key and API Secret provided for us by Administrator (the screenshot are attached).

We try to execute GET request - SEQ-pre-groups: Get my top-level groups but as a result, we receive the following response: Status: 401 Unauthorized FAIL: Status code is 200 | AssertionError: expected response to having status code 200 but got 401 FAIL: Could retrieve the groupId from response | AssertionError: expected response body to be a valid json but got error No data, empty input at 1:1

world-checkworld-check-onestatus
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@otkachova
Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.5k 4 8 8

@otkachova,

Thank you for sharing the console logs.

Based on the details, I can see that you are using an empty ‘Content-Type’ in the ‘Request Headers’ which is not required for the GET request. The GET request headers would only include ‘Date’ and ‘Authorization’. Could you please remove the ‘Content-Type’ from the Header and then try?

Group-id would be obtained when you use the API call – “SEQ-pre-groups: Get my top-level groups” and the response code is 200 OK (see the format below). Group-id would not be required for the above mentioned request.

{

"id" : "Group Id",

"parentId" : "Parent Group ID",

"name" : "John Smith",

"hasChildren" : true,

"children" : [ ],

"status" : "ACTIVE"

}

Custom-fields are the fields which you may want to use in addition while screening a case. The information of the available custom fields could be obtained when you use the API call – ‘SEQ-pre-group-case-template: Get the case template for a group’ in the below format and would not be required for the API call - 'Get my top-level groups':

"customFields" : [ {

"typeId" : "Custom Field Id 1",

"value" : "Reference Id 1234567"

}, {

"typeId" : "Custom Field Id 2",

"value" : "Deal Id 1234567"

} ],

Let me know if this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.5k 4 8 8

Hi @otkachova,

Can you please share the postman console logs in order to investigate the exact cause for the Error 401?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 2 3 4

@Prabhjyot.Mandla thank you for the assist!

Sure

The log:

Request Headers:

date: "Tue, 28 Aug 2018 13:42:13 GMT"

authorization:"Signature keyId="ffd37d13-36f9-4efc-ab5e-d9ec9dbee778",algorithm="hmac-sha256",headers="(request-target) host date",signature="cGIWyWvC87EzG9UgMCLPRmBzs9A0EDlX2D2OJ145x4Q=""

content-type:""

cache-control:"no-cache"

postman-token:"8d293112-d189-456e-bacd-cd69bd7aced9"

user-agent:"PostmanRuntime/7.2.0"

accept:"*/*"

host:"rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com"

accept-encoding:"gzip, deflate"

Response Headers:

x-application-context:"application"

authorization:"WWW-Authenticate: Signature realm="World-Check One API",algorithm="hmac-sha256",headers="(request-target) host date content-type content-length"

transfer-encoding:"chunked"

date:"Tue, 28 Aug 2018 13:42:12 GMT"

server:""""

Response Body:

I am not sure that we entered all data in the environment. We do not know what exactly needs to be provided in the following parameters:

group-id

custom-field-1

custom-field-2

custom-field-3

The screenshot is attached

environment-config-3.png

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.