For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 1

Can't connect client software to EZD RFA API

I'm trying to connect client software (Deltix) to consume data to the RFA API using EZD 1.3. EZD appears to be connecting to Reuters fine, but when I try to connect the client to the datafeed, the following log is generated by the client:

14 Sep 12:44:09 INFO Creating instance of Data Connector "reuters.data" v10.45
14 Sep 12:44:10 INFO [Aggregator] Create new process [ProcessDescriptor{key='Load #1', configFile='null'}]
14 Sep 12:44:10 INFO [PROCESS:Load #1] Activate aggregator process
14 Sep 12:44:10 INFO [PROCESS:Load #1] Start process activity
14 Sep 12:44:10 INFO Creating instance of Data Connector "reuters.data" v10.45
14 Sep 12:44:10 INFO Connecting to RFA as Administrator
14 Sep 12:44:10 SEVERE com.reuters.rfa.session
Session initialization: Could not instantiate session "RSSLNamespace::rsslSession" : connectionList not defined for Session RSSLNamespace::rsslSession

14 Sep 12:44:10 WARNING An error while connecting with the config: Config{sessionName=RSSLNamespace::rsslSession, username=kcorner, application=Deltix, position=, serviceName=ELEKTRON_DD, outputBookSize=10, snapshotInterval=10S, lowLatency=false, symbolNameFilterRegexp=, useSpecificFxNaNSize=true, specificFxNaNSize=0.0}
java.io.IOException: Cannot acquire new session with the name: RSSLNamespace::rsslSession
    at deltix.qsrv.hf.plugins.data.reuters.rfa.RFAConnection.<init>(RFAConnection.java:80)
    at deltix.qsrv.hf.plugins.data.reuters.rfa.AutoDispatchableRFAConnection.<init>(AutoDispatchableRFAConnection.java:17)
    at deltix.qsrv.hf.plugins.data.reuters.AbstractRFAConnection.doConnect(AbstractRFAConnection.java:35)
    at deltix.qsrv.hf.plugins.data.commons.AbstractRealtimeConnection.connect(AbstractRealtimeConnection.java:26)
    at deltix.qsrv.hf.plugins.data.commons.AbstractDataConnector$RealtimeConnectionWithStateMemory.connect(AbstractDataConnector.java:1337)
    at deltix.qsrv.hf.plugins.data.commons.AbstractDataConnector.connect(AbstractDataConnector.java:431)
    at deltix.qsrv.hf.aggregator.impl.LiveDataConnectorHandler.doConnect(Unknown Source)
    at deltix.qsrv.hf.aggregator.connection.AbstractConnection$TryConnectCallback.makeAttempt(Unknown Source)
    at deltix.qsrv.hf.aggregator.connection.AbstractRetryManager.doRetryCycle(Unknown Source)
    at deltix.qsrv.hf.aggregator.connection.AbstractRetryManager.doRetry(Unknown Source)
    at deltix.qsrv.hf.aggregator.connection.AbstractRetryManager$AsyncRetryManager$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

14 Sep 12:44:10 INFO [LIVE:Load #1] Connector status changed: DISCONNECTED_BY_ERROR_AND_RECONNECTING
14 Sep 12:44:10 INFO [LIVE:Load #1] Instruments to load: [/CLZ8:FUTURE]

The client is configurable through a GUI. Here are a few screenshots of the parameters that can be modified:

Let me know if you can help. Thanks.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrfa
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

You need to verify the RFA Java configurations on the machine. Please refer to Tutorial 2 - Understanding RFA Java Configurations for more information.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I have installed RFAI have followed the tutorial and created an RFA configuration, but I'm still getting the same error back:

Session initialization: Could not instantiate session "_Default::consSession" : connectionList not defined for Session _Default::consSession
  1. If I used the same names as used in the tutorial, does it make sense that the "Session Name" is consSession ?
  2. In the configuration of the consConnection, is it correct to use localhost here since I am connecting through EZD?

Thanks!

Upvotes
3 1 1 1

not sure if the screenshot came through. trying again:

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.