Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
31 6 3 6

Handshake Error.

Hi, I am getting the following error when I run ek.set_app_key().

I did not have this issue when running ek.set_app_id().

It does not seem to affect performance, but wondering what I can do to resolve. Thank you.

Error on handshake port 36036 : HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=36036): Read timed out. (read timeout=2.0)

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapp-keyhandshakeinitialization
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jr123 could you execute this and post the output?

tr.get_port_number()

Also, if you go to Help > Event logs, go to Local Logs, select Today and SxS, and hit Open

Scroll to top and post the screenshot of this as well please

Hi @Zhenya Kovalyov,

Thank you for the response.

ek.get_port_number() returns '36036'

How can I access the event log on a mac?

Regards, J

@jr123 what's you eikon api proxy version? when you are running it, which url does it show in the DATACENTER field?

Hi @Zhenya Kovalyov,

version 1.0.73

data center field: AMERS1

data center URL: http://localhost:36036/api/v1/data

untitled.png

untitled.png (26.9 KiB)

Hello @jr123

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.
Thanks,
AHS

@jr123

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@jr123I think you need to update the API proxy version. I will send you an email with the details.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@jr123 I think you need to update the API proxy version. I will send you an email with the details.

icon clock
10 |1500

@Zhenya Kovalyov

I couldn't see your answer. Could you please re-post it?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.