Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
31 6 3 6

Handshake Error.

Hi, I am getting the following error when I run ek.set_app_key().

I did not have this issue when running ek.set_app_id().

It does not seem to affect performance, but wondering what I can do to resolve. Thank you.

Error on handshake port 36036 : HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=36036): Read timed out. (read timeout=2.0)

eikoneikon-data-apipythonworkspacerefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspace-data-apiapp-keyhandshakeinitialization
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jr123 could you execute this and post the output?

tr.get_port_number()

Also, if you go to Help > Event logs, go to Local Logs, select Today and SxS, and hit Open

Scroll to top and post the screenshot of this as well please

Hi @Zhenya Kovalyov,

Thank you for the response.

ek.get_port_number() returns '36036'

How can I access the event log on a mac?

Regards, J

@jr123 what's you eikon api proxy version? when you are running it, which url does it show in the DATACENTER field?

Hi @Zhenya Kovalyov,

version 1.0.73

data center field: AMERS1

data center URL: http://localhost:36036/api/v1/data

untitled.png

untitled.png (26.9 KiB)
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@jr123I think you need to update the API proxy version. I will send you an email with the details.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@jr123 I think you need to update the API proxy version. I will send you an email with the details.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.