For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
1 0 2 2

Get Screening Result api returns 404 not found error although case has been created and screening completed

Hi,

At about 2018-10-02 17:08:26 to 17:13:09 UTC time, our server had trouble connecting to World Check One API to get the screening result for a case. The screening result finally returned a 404 Not Found error for the particular case.

A few things to note:

1) From World Check, the case was created at 2018-10-02T12:31:17.003Z.

2) From AuditEvents api, the screening event date is 2018-10-02T12:31:17.672Z

3) Calling the API through postman now returns the results correctly.

I would like to check with the World Check One team if there was indeed a service disruption during that time period stated above? And why did the result returned a 404 Not Found error?

world-checkworld-check-onescreeningerror-404
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

Hi @tim.loh,

There was no service disruption that would have caused you to see 404 Not found.

The screening result API would return 404 if you have passed an incorrect CaseSystem ID while fetching the screening result!

Can you please check if there was any change in caseSystem ID which you used while fetching the result around the time that you have mentioned?

Also please note if there are no matches to your screened case you would just get a 200Ok with a blank response!

Let me know if you need further information on this!

Thanks,

Mehran Khan

API Technical Consultant

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 2 2

Hi @Mehran.Ahmed Khan,

Our system is running a cron job that will call the World Check One API every 5 minutes to check if a particular case has been fully resolved manually. Based on our logs, the api calls to retrieve the results were successful from the case screen time (2018-10-02T12:31:17) until the first error (2018-10-02 17:08:26). The CaseSystemID was not changed when we fire the api calls. That's the reason why we thought it was a service disruption on your end.

Are there any other possibilities from your end that might have caused the result to return 404?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

Hi @tim.loh,

Can you please send across complete request response for which you received 404!

The reason I'm ruling out service disruption is cause that would probably give you a 500 server error not 404.

Please provide me the complete request and response along with the headers so that I can investigate further!

Regards,

Mehran Khan

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2.4k 6 5 6

Hi @tim.loh,

Just to add to my previous comment, I did a thorough investigation and can confirm that there was no service outage during the above mention date/times, also there were no issues reported by any other customers, I would like you to reach out to our support team GRC.WC.Support@thomsosnreuters.com who should be able to assist you further on this!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 2 2

Hi @Mehran.Ahmed Khan,

I will send an email to GRC.WC.Support@thomsosnreuters.com to ask for further assistance.

Thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.