For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 2 3

How can I know which legs of a strategy are being bought and sold?

On Elektron, we have some RICs, such as USG2FN3040=TWEB and USGNFN3040=TWEB, which we believe use the Strategies Data Model. We can see the CUSIPs of the two instruments involved in these swaps by looking at the OFFCL_CODE and OFFC_CODE2 fields. However, we don't see how to programmatically determine which instrument is bought, and which instrument is sold, by buying the swap. Is there a field that has this information?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdktradedata-model
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @lroth

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @lroth,

We have the following answer from our content experts:

The RICs like USGNFN3040=TWEB are MBS TBA swap instruments. These are calculated values that determine the BID/ASK using the pricing on their underlying instruments. Since this is a calculated data, we do not have a buy or sell flag on such RICs but instruments such as these would typically trade as any other swap instrument. The underlying legs of the swap can be ascertained either by using the underlying RIC code and/or the instrument identifier which is provided for on the RIC. More information on the calculation methodology can be located on <USMBSSWAPINFO>.

In addition, the Tradeweb US MBS TBA is an indicative data service, which means it is devoid of any trade flags.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @lroth,

The question, as I understand it, is not on Elektron API usage, but rather it is about Elektron content.

I have opened a content inquiry for you with our Content services, service request number is 07147850. We will update the community with the response.

Would like to let you know, that the best and the most efficient way to get the content questions answered is to submit them to our Content teams via my.refinitiv.com.

Select Support -> "I have a question about content" -> product = Elektron Real Time.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.