Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
646 21 31 40

backend error: 500 internal server error - workaround

Last week we experienced a lot of "500 internal server error" during our standard data collection procedure. I see there are other posts regarding this error on the forum. So it seems like there were the issues with the TR data server(s).

I'm wondering if there is any workaround for this type of errors.. maybe it's possible to switch to some other/backup server until the error's fixed? maybe there is some configuration in Eikon app that allows to change the server?

Thanks,

Igor

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-500
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

Repost of Zhenya's comment to close this query:

It appears that the underlying service feeding the time series data suffered from a high load of requests.

Should you experience this again, the workaround is to repeat the requests with a smaller set of data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@igorg while we are investigating the root cause of the issue there is no current workaround that I can recommend.

icon clock
10 |1500

Please post some results of your investigation (when get some).

Thank you

cross-post from a similar question for continuity purposes:

It appears that the underlying service feeding the time series data suffered from a high load of requests.

Should you experience this again, the workaround is to repeat the requests with a smaller set of data.

Hi @Zhenya Kovalyov

Do you have any updates?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.