question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 2 4

oauth2 CLIENT_ID

I am having difficulty for oauth2 CLIENT_ID.

1. the quick start https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/elektron-data-platform/elektron-data-platform-early-access-apis/quick-start says CLIENT_ID can be generated as API key by myself

2. the user guide https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/elektron-data-platform/elektron-data-platform-early-access-apis/docs?content=42293&type=documentation_item says CLIENT_ID will be provided to me by ThomsonReuters

3. I tried to generated one myself following the quick start but it did not work

can someone clarify?

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformoauth
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @yuan.shen,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@yuan.shen
Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Hi @yuan.shen

I have tried your credentials, and can see that your ID is only authorized for Research Alerts. If you are using the python samples, you can see that the OAuth token is only scoped for:

trapi.alerts.research.crudtrapi.auth.cloud-credentialstrapi.cfs.claimcheck.readtrapi.data.research.readtrapi.data.symbology.readtrapi.metadata.readtrapi.search.lookup.readtrapi.search.metadata.readtrapi.search.read

which is related for Research dataset. In the python samples, you can try researchAlerts.py to get the content.

python researchAlerts.py -s

If you need access to other content set like historical timeseries or News, please contact your Account Manager.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

Hi @yuan.shen, I was able to generate a CLIENT_ID (AppKey) as outlined in the quick start guide at https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/elektron-data-platform/elektron-data-platform-early-access-apis/quick-start, and successfully use the quickstart and news alerts sample with it.

Did you select the Option: EDP API to include the EDP scope for your generated client id?

clientid.png (41.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 3 2 4

Yea, I have it checked. basically I tested all combinations

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

I will contact you offline to validate your credentials and ID.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.