For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 5 0 3

How do i connect to the WEB API?

Hi,

I have been given a link with access to github code and uses a class WebSocket which basically is an abstract class and the .sln file does not even compile because the example tries to initialise that class.

How do i proceed from there?

Thanks

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkweb
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@0c62b574-a087-4b69-8ba8-1f3ad682f116

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@0c62b574-a087-4b69-8ba8-1f3ad682f116

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @0c62b574-a087-4b69-8ba8-1f3ad682f116

So, just to confirm - you have been through the Cloud section of the QuickStart on this website and you were successfully able to run the python example and get some data back? Is this correct?

If so, when you run the c# examples - what happens? Have you tried both examples?

You need to provide additional details in terms of output / errors etc. Obviously, don't include username / password etc in any attachments or posts.

What are command line parameters etc are you using to connect? e.g. I use the following:

>dotnet MarketPriceEdpGwServiceDiscoveryExample.dll --user <myusername> --password <mypassword> --auth_hostname api.edp.thomsonreuters.com

If the python equivalent of the above works from the AWS instance - but does not work from your local PC - then it is most likely a local environmental / network connectivity issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Can you provide the GitHub link you are referring to?

Does the README for the sample mention any additional dependencies / libraries that you need to obtain in order to compile?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2 5 0 3

yes of course, i can provide the link:

https://github.com/Refinitiv/websocket-api/tree/master/Applications/Examples/EDP/CSharp

Please let me know if need to update something

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Please refer to the 'Compiling Source' section near the start of the page

As stated, you will need to install the Newtonsoft.Json package. If you are unable to download via the NuGet extension, you will have to manually download and install from the Newtonsoft website.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2 5 0 3

I already dıd. Thank you.

What else ıs needed to connect on the aws cloud Real tıme Elektron?

I mean we have set up the aws servıce and we already connected vıa putty and run the python fıle on the example.

However ı cannot connect vıa my local host when ı use the csharp example.

Can you gıve advıce for that please?

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.