Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 5

What is the 140 / "Adfin" application in DACS / TREP

I see some TREP connections identifying as application 140 ("Adfin" which DACS database describes as "Eikon Excel or PowerPlus Pro"), but other Excel add-in connections seem to use 56 "Eikon/Kobra". What's the difference, and can I make all Eikon components identify as 56? I'm planning to implement MIP, and it's a lot of extra work to create both #56 and #140 IDs for Eikon users.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apitrepDACSadfin
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

DACS application IDs that Eikon components use when mounting to ADS are hardcoded, you cannot control this. In older versions Eikon Excel add-in created its own mount with DACS application ID 140, separate from Eikon mount which always used DACS application ID 56. Newer versions share a single mount between Eikon and Eikon Excel add-in using DACS application ID 56. I believe the change was implemented in Eikon 4.0.36 or 4.0.37.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.