question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 2 4

access to field(s) denied

Hello,

I am trying to use the /data/symbology convert API to map securities. When I tried to convert to other symbol systems I found that the fields of 'SEDOL', 'CUSIP', and 'ISIN' showing as 'access to field(s) denied'.

Is that something at the product level or it is something related with my entitlement and access?

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformauthenticationsymbology
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @yuan.shen,

It certainly does appear that this may be related to your entitlement and access. To confirm, I would first log in to the Elektron Data Platform playground, then navigate to the /data/symbology endpoint once you are in there.

First, try a simple example with the symbol/instrument of your choice - it defaults to IBM.N. Assuming you get data back, you should see all the conversion results in a table. For example:

I've highlighted a couple of columns that I can access. From here, you can simply request for a list of conversions. For example:

I've requested for 'CUSIP', 'ISIN' and 'SEDOL'.

ahs.png (80.4 KiB)
ahs.png (29.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 3 2 4

thank you, those fields are missing for me. I can use SDCCusip for now. Let me work with the product relationship manager to see the entitlement.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.