question

Upvotes
Accepted
27 2 5 9

How to make faster the speed of stream data when used .net c#?

When I used the code to get the 5 minutes data of OHLC , it will update data every 1 minute, how to make the update frequency more faster?

subscriptions.Add(timeSeries.SetupDataSubscription("2330.TW") .WithView("BID") .WithAllFields() .WithInterval(CommonInterval.Intraday5Minutes) .From(DateTime.Now.AddHours(-96)) //.WithNumberOfPoints(4) .OnDataReceived(DataReceivedCallback) .OnDataUpdated(DataUpdatedCallback) .CreateAndStart() );

eikonrefinitiv-realtimeeikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @andy.ej

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @andy.ej

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Now I see what you mean. Because the delayed data is heavily conflated on the streaming network, you cannot construct true bars from updates you receive in your subscriptions unless you're entitled to real-time data from the exchange. If you're only entitled to delayed data, then the only way to get true bars is from the timeseries database (this is the data you get into OnDataReceived event).

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@andy.ej have you tried subscribing to the real-time service instead? You will have to construct you own OHLC, but the streaming data will be real-time.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@andy.ej
In your example the expected behavior is that OnDataUpdated event should be raised every time an update on the BID field is received on the real-time data stream. If you only get one update a minute I suspect you're probably not entitled to real-time data from Taiwan Stock Exchange, therefore the data you retrieve is for the delayed RIC "/2330.TW", which is updated once a minute. Can you confirm if you're entitled to real-time data from Taiwan Stock Exchange?

icon clock
10 |1500

1. how to check that I can use the real-time data in Taiwan Stock

2.You mean I chose the 'BID' field to trigger the update event ,so what is the best field that I should chose ?

1. Type in 2330.TW in the main Eikon command/search bar and hit Enter to display the Company Overview app. Do you see the clock icon with the tooltip "Delayed XX minutes" next to the stock quote as in the screenshot below

2. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. You should choose the view you're interested in. If you're interested in retrieving bid or ask quotes for the stock use WithView("BID") or WithView("ASK") respectively. If you're interested in retrieving the trade price omit the WithView method (the trade price is the default view for stocks) or choose view "TRDPRC_1".

delayed.png (103.9 KiB)

I have checked that not entitled to real-time data, but even though I should have the right to get the complete data, I found the api just trigger when have NewPoint-data ,at the same time it should send the previous k-bar data. It will missing the last-close data every 5-minutes bar. How can I get the complete-data?

Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.