question

Upvotes
Accepted
84 11 12 15

All South African equity quotes have no currency (missing isQuotedIn)

For example, https://permid.org/1-55838801605 has no currency. I checked every RIC for the JNB exchange, and none of them have a currency. Any idea why this is and when it will be fixed?

permid-apiintelligent-tagging-apiopen-permid-apiforex
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@duncan.sands, thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@duncan.sands,

This is due to a bug in the currencies extractions. We aim to fix it in one of the coming code releases. Tentative date for a fix is beginning of Q3 2019.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for your helpful reply. I'm guessing that the root cause is that the stocks are all quoted in cents (0.01 Rand) rather than in Rand. I noticed something similar in London: when a stock is quoted in pennies rather than in pounds, the currency is likewise missing. Are you going to fix it by adding cents, pennies etc as currencies, or will you instead say the currencies are Rand, GBP etc, perhaps with an additional field for the factor (eg 0.01)?

Upvotes
18 0 1 4

Hi @Christiaan Meihsl thanks for highlighting this. I did see @duncan.sands comment last week. As we see AAPL has a currency in the quote, so likewise we would expect other stocks such as those listed on the JSE to also have currencies in the quote. I've checked with our content team to see how we can get this populated for you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.