Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Would Domain & forest functional level from its current version of 2008 to 2012 R2 have a negative impact on EIKON

Our Infra team has upgraded all our current Domain Controllers to Windows 2016 DCs. The last step is to raise the domain & forest functional level from its current version of 2008 to 2012 R2 via the Active Directory domain & forest functional upgrade. We are using Thomson Reuters EIKON Desktop 4.0.46(4.0.46125). Would this upgrade have a negative impact on our application?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiwindows-server-2016
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

The forums on this portal are dedicated to software developers using Refinitiv APIs. I don't believe this question is related to the use of any Refinitiv APIs, is it? While I personally don't see why an Active Directory upgrade should have any impact on your Eikon desktops, I'm not an expert and I don't have any first hand experience with Active Directory upgrades. For help with broad technical questions not specific to the use of Refinitiv APIs you'd be better served by Refinitiv Helpdesk, which you can reach by either calling the Helpdesk number in your country or by following the link below.
https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/policies/help-and-support.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.