Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 1

R connection problem port 9000

Hello

I get this error message when trying to connect to server from R. Any ideas what is wrong ?

Thanks

> library(eikonapir)
> eikonapir::set_proxy_port(9000L) # port 9000L is for windows – for mac please use port 36036L
> eikonapir::set_app_id("xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx")
> result <- get_symbology(list("MSFT.O", "GOOG.O", "IBM.N"),"RIC",list("ISIN"),raw_ouput = FALSE,debug=FALSE)
Error in curl::curl_fetch_memory(url, handle = handle) : Failed to connect to localhost port 9000: Connection refused

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apireikon-api-r
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@e.esposito, thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Upvote
Accepted
104 8 10 13

Could be you're just not logged in to Eikon. For me to be able to run R scripts I need to open Windows Eikon and only then run the R script. The message you posted is the message I get if I run the script without opening Eikon.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.3k 2 4 5

Hello,

Basically, if you're running your script within Eikon 4 on Windows, that means you're not allowed because you don't have the right variant version (Eikon Core is not allowed).

Did you run successfully before ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 1

Hello

Thanks for your answer. I'm a new user of Eikon, so this is the first time I use it and it never worked before. I use Eikon 4 on windows and R 3.5.3 (through Rstudio)

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 1

Great. Many thanks it works now with Eikon windows open.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.