Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 4 2 5

I am not able to open eikon api proxy on mac

hi there, the eikon api proxy used to work well on my mac, somehow it turns to be a completely black window when I tried to login. I restarted my mac and reinstalled the api several times, it remains the same. however, the proxy can be open on my friend's mac, would you please help to resolve this? thanks!!

when I open the proxy, it looks like this: (no where to type in account name/password at all)

screen-shot-2019-05-13-at-13759-pm.png

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apimac-os
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
81 0 2 3

Try to run the following command from Terminal (please note 2 minuses before resetCache):

/Applications/Eikon\ API\ Proxy.app/Contents/MacOS/Eikon\ API\ Proxy --resetCache

This will empty cache located in Library/Application Support/Eikon API Proxy folder.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

it's resolved! thanks so much for helping me out!!

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

This is a machine specific issue, which cannot be addressed on a forum. Troubleshooting this problem would require access to the machine. I advise you to contact Refinitiv Helpdesk and open a support ticket. Refinitiv support engineers can remotely access your machine to take a look at the problem and to troubleshoot it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13 5 4 7

Hi @pengxin1211, have you solved this issue? I have the same problem since three days ago.

Thanks!!

icon clock
10 |1500

just resolved by taking Kirill's answer. Run this on your terminal to reset cache:

/Applications/Eikon\ API\ Proxy.app/Contents/MacOS/Eikon\ API\ Proxy --resetCache

Good luck!

Thank you so much!!!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.