question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 3

I have follow the linked tutorial but I still get a login prompt pictured below. How do I get this to auto login?

https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/com-apis-use-microsoft-office/learning?content=4572&type=learning_material_item

eikoneikon-com-apilog-insynchronisation
login-prompt.jpg (191.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@rw.eipi, thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@rw.eipi

There's a variety of scenarios that could result in the behavior you experienced. As the message says you must have been signed into Eikon platform on another machine when you tried signing in on this one. Apart from being logged into Eikon on another machine you'd get this prompt if you've signed into Eikon Web and then you try to launch Eikon desktop or sign in using Eikon Excel.
I don't think the issue is specific to using Synchronization Manager in Excel. I'm fairly confident you can reproduce the same warning and sign in prompt pop-up if you follow the exact replication steps you followed before, but instead of opening SynchroManager.xlsm and clicking Login Programmatically you click the Sign In button in Excel ribbon under the Thomson Reuters tab.
If indeed you reproduce the same behavior and you'd like to get an explanation for why it happens, I suggest you reach out to Refinitiv Helpdesk by either calling the Helpdesk number in your country or by using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for the advice. It's much appricated.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.