Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 0 1

Eikon excel API HELP

Hi, the eikon excel API sort an Error "Invalid Value CODE parameter". Could anyone help me?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ylan, could you please post the excel sheet you are using ? That will help us debug the issue.

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@ylan,

the only part of your formula I'm not sure of is the first element, i.e. the universe: "LIST(Full list)"

I attached a small sheet (sampleforylan.zip) which uses a list of instruments as input, defined as FullList, which is the range of cells A3:A11 (note: the name cannot contain a space).

My working formula is the following:

=TR(FullList,"DSPLY_NAME;CF_LAST;CF_TICK;CF_VOLUME;PCTCHNG;TR.PricePctChgYTD;YRHIGH;YRLOW;TR.EV;TR.CompanyMarketCap;TR.Revenue;TR.PriceToSalesPerShare;TR.NetDebtToEBITDA;TR.TtlCmnSharesOut;TR.NetDebtTot","CH=Fd RH=IN")

That said, I'd guess the error is elsewhere in your sheet, considering the error message.

PS: you cannot attach an Excel file, but you can attach a zip file to work around that limitation.

sampleforylan.zip (9.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ylan, oh yes, obviously, your formula was referring to an Eikon list, of course !

I just made a quick test, the formula accepts a list name that contains a space character, so the space was not the cause of the "Invalid Value CODE parameter" message you saw.

So finally we both don't know why it works, but it works, and that is the main point. If it crops up again, tell us and we will investigate further.

Upvotes
3 1 0 1

I can't upload a xls document.

=TR("LIST(Full list)";"DSPLY_NAME;CF_LAST;CF_TICK;CF_VOLUME;PCTCHNG;TR.PricePctChgYTD;YRHIGH;YRLOW;TR.EV;TR.CompanyMarketCap;TR.Revenue;TR.PriceToSalesPerShare;TR.NetDebtToEBITDA;TR.TtlCmnSharesOut;TR.NetDebtTot";"CH=Fd RH=IN")

Doyou see any errors?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 0 1

Thanks for the reply. It's TR Eikon who controls the LIST.

Here is the zip of my excel sheet.

Finally I don't know why it works but it works.

tj-copie.zip

tj-copie.zip (97.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.