For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
95 7 12 25

Empty values in OMM\RSSL

Hi, migrating from an SFC C++ based application to an EMA application, I'm trying to clarify how things have changed on OMM\RSSL regarding the signalling of empty values.

In the Marketfeed\SSL protocol, where everything was a string, we understood from Reuters that for price fields:

• "+0" means empty value
  • "-0" means a true zero value

Since in OMM\RSSL the transport is now binary, is there any other mechanism to signal empty values? In EMA, I see that Data::BlankEnum and DataTypeEnum::NoDataEnum could be related to this concept, could help me clarify this point?

Thanks a lot

Best Regards

Paolo

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdksslmarket-feed
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @Paolo Parlapiano,

Yes, the Data::BlankEnum you pointed out is the correct way to determine if a field is considered blank.

You can refer to the source code for the EMA Consmer - Decoding MarketPrice data tutorial Specifically, the decode() method demonstrates its usage:

ahs.png (16.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you Nick

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.