question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 2 5

Developing a new application for Eikon?

We are planning to develop a HTML 5 application to bundle into Eikon. I have questions regarding the JET API. I see News.js which reads data from somewhere. Is it reading the data from Eikon desktop application? Can I write my own custom for example Stocks.js which reads data. Where is the actual server logic implemented ( I mean getting data from database / any other source) ? Can I write my own JET API class and my own server logic to use with the HTML 5 UI Application? Can my application save data too? I cannot see any code samples for this. Thanks.
eikonnewseikon-app-studiojetapp
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
82 0 2 6

Yes, it's reading from Eikon desktop thru CCF channel which in turns going to PIXL, RFA library so on to realtime infrastructure i.e. RMDS/TREP-RT.

You can write your own custom JET API class for sure like **News.js** does as a JET plugin. JET plugin isn't more than a javascript function that return a public API object. You register your plugin with **JET.extend()**, passing the name of your plugin (this name will be appended to the JET object) and your function. You can take a look at **News.js** for an example.

Regarding the data saving, please refer to Save/Load data sample page in JET demo app available from the Developer tab in Eikon menu. JET.Archive function is designed to persist data per instance of the app in a workspace in Eikon.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.