question

Upvotes
Accepted
41 1 2 3

Not able to connect via python

Hi, I have installed PyDSWS package but still not able to connect to DataStream, getting this error:

import PyDSWS
ds = PyDSWS.Datastream(username='evert.vrugt@olamnet.com', password='XXXXXX')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\PyDSWS\datastream.py", line 19, in __init__
self.token = self.get_token(username, password)
File "C:\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\PyDSWS\datastream.py", line 34, in get_token
token = token_json["TokenValue"]
KeyError: 'TokenValue'

Any help would be appreciated

datastream-apidsws-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
41 1 2 3

@zoya.farberov, @veerapath.rungruengrayubkul:

Yes it looks good for while now. Just needed to remove DS from Datastream credential to make it work.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
681 2 2 1

Hi, As we need to look into your personal account, can you please raise this with the helpdesk in order for us to look into this further.

Best regards

James

icon clock
10 |1500

Sorry I am new to this community, how can I raise the query to helpdesk?

To reach Refinitiv Helpdesk you can use Contact Us capability in your Eikon application (main Eikon menu - Help - Contact Us) or you can call the Helpdesk number in your country, or follow the link below.
https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/helpandsupport.html

Thanks Alex.

Show more comments
Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

It looks like you're using your Eikon account credentials to connect to DSWS. You need to use Datastream credentials instead (Datastream Child ID and password) as per the Quick Start Guide. To obtain Datastream credentials, please contact your Refinitiv account manager.

icon clock
10 |1500

I tried with my Datastream id too, but getting same error. Let me raise with account manager too.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.