question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Can I get average hist. option prices with the Eikon Database?

Hi all,

I have an enquiry concerning historical option data from the Eikon database. I would like to get historical data of option prices. Average European call and put option prices that are at the money (e.g. 0.97-1.03) and close to maturity (for example 10 - 90 days).The data should give a single time series with 1 daily option price per underlying asset (e.g. Options on UKX, DAX and CAC).

I am wondering if there is a function that gives me this specific time series for historical option prices prices.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

AH

datastream-apidsws-apihistoricalderivativeseikon-for-office
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
446 2 2 2

Hi

If you are using Datastream to pull this rather than Eikon API then you can use Datastream continuous series for call and put options: Calculated to provide uninterrupted option model inputs as well as several implied volatility variants including at-the-money, interpolated and weighted volatilities as well as 1, 3 and 6 month constant maturity. Total volume and open interest per option class is available More info available here https://amers1.exempt.proxy.cp.thomsonreuters.com/infobase/content/options/

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.