For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 2

I would like to know if it is possible to use different FTP folders to receive the files in

I would like to know if it is possible to use different FTP folders to receive the files in.

In other words:

• can we setup the scheduled reports to go to a specific folder?
  • can we setup the access through the .net SDK to create files in a specific folder?
dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss.netFTP
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @roroian,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

Hi @roroian,

For manual FTP/SFTP where you need to connect to DSS FTP server to retrieve extraction file, you cannot change the destination of reports folder. Extracted files and related notes will be generated on the "reports" folder.

Below is the related information in DSS FTP User Guide.

ftpdirectory.png (284.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I see,

We are looking for a way that each process will easily identify the files it needs?

Can we setup the reports in order for the files to have a custom prefix?

Or, what approach do you suggest we take?

You can define extracted output file name in "OutputFileName" parameter when creating schedule. You could programmatically add process id or other identifier to the file name via this parameter.

outputfilename.png (92.2 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.