Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 5 9

How can I pull the 3m EUR swap zero curve (0#EURABQEZ=R) to Python?

Hi,

I'm trying to pull above zero curve to python via the eikon api. I also need the curve at past dates.

Can you please assist?

Thanks,

Steffen

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apizero-curve
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@steffen.fuchs
The Helpdesk checked the data entitlements on your Eikon account. Given the variant of Eikon you subscribe to you're not entitled to view the real-time curve. You are however entitled to view delayed data for individual tenors. So, instead of requesting the chain RIC for the curve, you need to construct the list of individual tenor delayed RICs and request the data for the list:

curve = ['/EURABQEONZ=R','/EURABQETNZ=R','/EURABQE1WZ=R',...]
ek.get_data(curve,['DSPLY_NAME','MATUR_DATE', 'PRIMACT_1','SEC_ACT_1'])
Alternatively you could upgrade your Eikon subscription to a higher tier Eikon variant that includes access to real-time zero curves.
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

For current curve use

zc_df, err = ek.get_data('0#EURABQEZ=R',['DSPLY_NAME','MATUR_DATE',
                            'PRIMACT_1','SEC_ACT_1'])
To reconstruct historical curve you'd need to retrieve zero rate on a given date for each instrument in the chain.
ek.get_timeseries(zc_df.loc[3:,'Instrument'].tolist(),
                  'CLOSE',start_date='2019-06-20',end_date='2019-06-20')
You can only retrieve zero rate using this method, not a discount factor. And you'd need to calculate maturity dates based on the tenor.
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 2 5 9

Thanks, Alex. I getbelow error message. Is this a rights issue?

Also, is there any kind of more extensive documentation where I could find how to build such requests?

[{'code': 251658243,
  'col': 1,
  'message': "'Access Denied' for the instrument '0#EURABQEZ=R'",
  'row': 0},
 {'code': 251658243,
  'col': 2,
  'col': 3,
  'col': 4,
  'row': 0}]

icon clock
10 |1500

The error message indicates you're not entitled to view this chain. Are you able to display it in a Quote app in Eikon? Can you retrieve any of the constituents of this chain, e.g. do you get the same error message if you call

ek.get_data('EURABQE1YZ=R',['DSPLY_NAME','MATUR_DATE',
                            'PRIMACT_1','SEC_ACT_1'])
Upvotes
3 2 5 9

I can see the curve constituents, yields and discount factors in the quote app but the curve does not plot. Instead of a chart a boch opens which says:

"0#EURABQEZ=R: The user does not have permission for the requested data"

For the constituents I do not get any error message. I can pull the data.

icon clock
10 |1500

This is not the expected behavior. I opened case 07778952 on your behalf with Refinitiv Helpdesk. The Helpdesk will get in touch with you to troubleshoot the issue.

Upvotes
3 2 5 9

Thanks, Alex.

Is there any more extensive documentation for creating requests?

BR,

Steffen

icon clock
10 |1500

All documentation available is here on the Developer Portal. There's API Reference Guide under the Documentation tab. And there's a bunch of tutorials illustrating some specific use cases.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.