question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 3 5

I am using the excel API to enter orders and it says a Price Type is required and i only have the fields for "Destination" and "Order Type", not Price Type.

apieikon-com-apiredi-apiorder-entry
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@mjc
Could you provide the screenshot as requested by @Brian.Mullane?
I'm afraid we cannot help you with this question without further details.

@mjc

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @mjc

Hello @mjc

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @mjc,

I find that sometimes this message is not entirely true.

When either symbol or exchange/destination is not set, or not valid, or not permissioned to the account being used, at the point when "PriceType"/"OrderType" is set, it will not actually be set, and when the order is submitted after, the result will be "PriceType is required". Perhaps this is what you are seeing.

If so, verify OrderType/PriceType is actually set. To be sure, symbol and destination have to be set, valid and premissioned to the account, prior to this set.

Hope this helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
410 1 1 3

Hi @mjc,

Order Type and Price Type are often used interchangeably. Would you mind including a screenshot of the Excel sheet you're using?

Thanks,

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.