For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 2 5

my data capture file segfaults on sink_driven_src.

Hi,

I was from a successful attempt to record data capture file using rmdstestclient, and I am not trying to replay it via the sink_driven_src tool, but I'm coming across a segmentation fault issue when running the dat file.

[j.fajardo@dny2pfsm02 rhel6_x86_64]$ ./sink_driven_src -S IDN_DEV -bdf testrecording.dat -U 1 -N 14002 -K -v
Initialized RSSL library.
begin CPU time: 0.002883 sec user, 0.006727 sec system
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I have tried using the canned data included and I am not experiencing this issue:

[j.fajardo@dny2pfsm02 rhel6_x86_64]$ ./sink_driven_src -S IDN_DEV -bdf asiaData.dat -U 1 -N 14002 -K -ik
Initialized RSSL library.
begin CPU time: 0.004232 sec user, 0.005290 sec system
Total number of messages processed: 140321
  end CPU time: 0.122903 sec user, 0.043965 sec system

I am unsure what I might be missing / doing wrong here, I was wondering if anyone can help?

I have a consumer waiting downstream, but I figured this might be issue on the sink_driven_src app, or on my data capture file.

I attached my data capture file: testrecording.zip

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,

Jayson

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdksink-driven-source
testrecording.zip (356.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jfajardo

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@jfajardo

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.9k 250 52 74

@jfajardo

It looks like to be a bug in sink_driven_src or the binary data captured by rmdstestclient is corrupted. You need to report this issue to ADH support team via MyRefitiv to verify the problem.

For now, please try to capture and replay the data in XML format.

For example:

rmdstestclient -S ELEKTRON -ef ./rics1.txt –rf 8 -h ads1 -p 14002 -ct rssl -u rmds -of recXml.dat 
sink_driven_src –S ELEKTRON –Q EMEA_Xml.dat –U 1 –N 14002 –K -ik

For more information, please refer to the Quick Start Guide to Recording and Playback of Elektron Data article.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.