Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 0

Error code 403 Client Error Your Eikon account is not allowed to run Eikon API Proxy

Hello. I'm running a simple get_news_headlines function but got the following error

Error code 403 | Client Error: Your Eikon account is not allowed to run Eikon API Proxy.

My Eikon Variant is Eikon including Datastream for Office. This variant is higher variant than Eikon Core / Eikon for Exchange Pricing which is not allowed to run Eikon API and therefore it should be allowed to run API. Does anyone know if there is any condition (other than variant) to be met to run Eikon API?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-403
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @ryota

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @ryota

According to this document.

If you are seeing error code 403, please contact your account manager.

ahs.png (46.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<viewable by mod and original poster only>

Hi @ryota (This is a private post)

I tried to search for your email on our Eikon user tool but I could not find ryota.nakagawa@blackrock.com account.

I think it is best to your contact your account manger to sort this out.

ahs1.png (9.9 KiB)
Upvotes
1 1 1 0

Thank you for your guidance! very helpful

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.