Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 4

Daily End of the day data fetch using EIKON SDK

How to fetch End of the day exchange rate for India using EIKON SDK . Currently EOD data is being fetched by EIKON-Excel application however it is a manual process. Kindly suggest how to proceed with exchange rate download

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Dinesh,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Dinesh

Please refer to document for get_timeseries method at this page.

You can pass in time, note that it is in GMT.

The method call support minute so you can retrieve data around 12:30GMT (18.00 India time).

ahs.png (50.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Dinesh

Please follow this quick start guide on this URL.

Once you have the environment setup.

You can try this code:

import eikon as ek
ek.set_app_key('<your app key>')
df = ek.get_timeseries(["INR="], start_date="2019-09-01", end_date="2019-09-17")
df

ahs.png (51.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 4

Thanks for your reply .

However my requirement is to get Exchange Rate for INR=IN ,Date :18/09/2019 :TIME : 18:00 ,Time ZONE:DEL

Can you help me in getting value using these parameters .

As above code is working however I am not able to get desired data as per above requirement .

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 4

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit

Thanks for your reply .

Can you suggest how to fetch SPOT BID and ASK rate using EIKON API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Dinesh

Try this code:

df, e = ek.get_data("INR=",["CF_BID","CF_ASK"])
df
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 4

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit ,

My equivalent Excel code is as below.

=RHistory("INR=IN","BID.Timestamp;BID.Close","END:"&H9&" TIMEZONE:"&$H$4&" NBROWS:1 INTERVAL:1D",,"TSREPEAT:NO") where:
H9 holds the end date with time in the DD-MMM-YYYY:HH:MM format.
H4 holds the timezone DEL

Can you please provide equivalent python/.NET code such that I can automate my existing manual process.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Dinesh

Try this code:

ahs.png (73.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.