Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 2 3

Default price for bonds - Python API

With Datastream it is possible to retrieve Default Prices for bonds - for time series. If my mind serves me right it is MPD.

Is there an equivalent code for Eiokn, specifically the Eikon API for Python?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apitime-seriesbonds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @blucap

Here is an example you can use to retrieve the time series of a bond using an ISIN as an input

ek.get_data('DE000DB7XHP3',['TR.BIDPRICE.date','TR.BIDPRICE'],{"Sdate":'2016-01-01', "Edate":'2016-01-31'})

ahs.jpg (109.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you - However I am looking for CDS spreads, any help appreciated as I am a newby on spreads.

Hi @blucap if you are looking for CDS spreads then I recommend you to use CDSSRCH app in Eikon to find RIC codes, then you can use an example syntax to fetch the data:

ek.get_data('DB5YEUAM=R',['TR.PARMIDSPREAD.date','TR.PARMIDSPREAD'],{"Sdate":'0D', "Edate":'-10D'})

Thanks marcin.bunkowski - that is what I am looking for!

Upvote
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @blucap

Can you provide Eikon Desktop screenshot on the data you would like to retrieve via Python API ?

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

See below:

To be honest, any item that acts as a proxy for CDS spreads will do.
Upvotes
5 2 2 3

@chavalit.jintamalit see below:

eikon-cds1.png (31.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Is this screeshot from Datastream product?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.